Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
The Networked Learner
Powerful Learning Practices
Expedition Lit Trips
Land of Hope
Poetry of Place
Trace Your Trash
Walk on the Wild Side
Live Earth Talk
Post information here on important environmental laws. This list is not complete. Feel free to post a link to an agency you feel APES students should be informed about. You might also think about uploading a set of thought questions on the agency. Please upload document in a .pdf format so that everyone can open them. A free .pdf creator can be found at
Discovery Questions -
1. What aspect of the environment (flora, fauna, people, air, water, soil, etc.) does the law protect?
2. What historical circumstances led to the initiation of the law?
3. Has the law been amended, and if so, what significance did these changes have regarding the protection of the environment?
4. Under what circumstances can the law be lifted?
5. What violations of the law has occurred?
6. What governmental or non-governmental organizations monitor major companies for violations of these laws, and are their methods effective and/or ethical?
*For each question, find news releases, journal articles, podcasts, or videos as documentation
Grading Rubric for Law Research Project.pdf
Top 10 List of Environmental Laws
Clean Air Act - 1970
Clean Water Act - 1972
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (Superfund) - 1980
Endangered Species Act - 1973
Electronic Waste Recycling Act - 2003
Energy Independence and Security Act - 2007
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) - 1969
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act - 1976
Safe Drinking Water Act - 1974
Toxic Substances Control Act - 1976
The Wilderness Act - 1964
Others of Interest
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act - 1996
Food Quality Protection Act - 1996
Marine Mammal Protection Act - 1972
Marine Plastic Pollution Research and Control Act - 1987
Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act - 1976
Nuclear Waste Polity Act - 1982
Ocean Dumping Reform Act - 1988
Oil Pollution Act - 1990
Pollution Prevention Act - 1990
Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act - 1986
The Whale Conservation and Protection Act - 1980
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"